- Add automatic timestamp/duration reporting for root server span. Also added
functionality for individual services to override this setting in configuration.
- Add registry setting to force py-zipkin to add a logging annotation to server
traces. Requires py-zipkin >= 0.4.4.
- support for configuring custom versions of create_zipkin_attr and is_tracing
through the pyramid registry.
- Fix sample rate bug and make sampling be random and not depend on request id.
- Make get_trace_id function more defensive about what types of trace
ids it accepts. Converts “0x...” and “-0x...” IDs to remove the leading
- Make zipkin.transport_handler a function that takes two arguments, a
stream_name and a message.
- Alias create_headers_for_new_span to create_http_headers_for_new_span
for backwards compatibility.
- Moved non-pyramid and zipkin-only code to py_zipkin package
- ‘zipkin.transport_handler’ now only takes a single message parameter
- create_headers_for_new_span is moved to py_zipkin and renamed to
- Fix coverage command invocation to be compatible with coverage v4.2
- make “service_name” default to “unknown” when not found in registry
- Add @zipkin_span decorator for logging functions as spans
- Binary annotation values are converted to str
- Removed restriction where only successful status codes are logged
- Added status code as a default binary annotation
- Prevent errors when ZipkinAttrs doesn’t exist (usually in multithreaded environments)
- pyramid-zipkin is a pure python package
- Renames ClientSpanContext to SpanContext, adds ‘ss’ and ‘sr’ annotations.
- Always generate ZipkinAttrs, even when a request isn’t sampled.
- Don’t set parent_span_id on root span
- Made generate_random_64bit_string always return str, not unicode
- Fixed bug where headers were not 64-bit unsigned hex strings.
- Added ClientSpanContext, that lets users log arbitrary trees of
- Deprecates “is_client=True” debug logging key in favor of a
non-None “service_name” key for indicating that a span logged
is a new client span.
- Batches up additional annotations in client before sending
to the collector.
- Spans without a span ID will generate a new span ID by default.
- Add ability to override “service_name” attribute when logging client
- Don’t re-compile path regexes
- Don’t enter ZipkinLoggingContext if request is not sampled.
- Fix bug which was squashing identical span names.
- over=EXCVIEW ordering instead of over=MAIN
- Add support for set_extra_binary_annotations callback.
- Add http.uri.qs annotation which includes query string, http.uri doesn’t.
- Change config parameters to be generic for scribe/kafka transport.
- Compatible with py33, py34. Replaced Thrift with thriftpy.
- Re-assign empty list to threading_local.requests if attr not present instead of
globally assigning empty list.